Areas of Focus:
- Dynamic income tax planning and business consulting for small businesses and individuals.
- Strategic planning for professional athletes, high net-worth individuals, executives and business owners.
- Business structuring, transaction (buy/sell) and operational planning.
Jon has more than 20 years of diversified public accounting experience including 7 years as Founder of Chernila & Company, PC. Over the years, his clients have ranged in size from the emerging small and middle-market to publicly traded companies. Previously, Jon was a Principal in the tax department of the largest local CPA firm in Orange County. Jon also served as a Tax Manager with Deloitte & Touche in Los Angeles, preceded by working in the entrepreneurial services division of Ernst & Young.
Jon is an instructor at UC Irvine, teaching the “Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program.” He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, California Society of CPAs, and Financial Planning Association. He also previously served as a member of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Examiners.
Education and Licenses:
- University of Southern California Marshall School of Business
Master of Business Taxation
- San Diego State University
BS in Business Administration (Accounting)
- CPA – California
- CFP – Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- PFS – AICPA Personal Financial Specialist
- ChFC – Chartered Financial Consultant